Ad Code

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

m&p .22 pistol

M&p .22 Pistol - Back in June, I wrote about my search for the ideal compact .22 pistol to pair with my new Silencerco Sparrow trigger. Not satisfied with any of the current production options, I picked up the now discontinued and more obscure S&W Model 2213. Since I wrote that post, I've spent more time with the pistol, which is... well. However, the compact 22 is no slouch.

It turns out that what I was looking for wasn't officially released for another two months: the Smith & Wesson M&P 22 Compact. When I first heard about this pistol, I was intrigued. I ran a full size M&P 22 that came out a few years ago and wasn't very impressed. The grip isn't great and has that "toy-like" feel that other 22 pistol reviews have complained about. Not surprisingly, production of the full-size M&P was limited to Walther, a .22 pistol that doesn't have the greatest reputation, especially for durability.

M&p .22 Pistol

M&p .22 Pistol

In contrast, the new M&P 22 Compact is manufactured by Smith & Wesson and features a durable aluminum slide. This caught my attention. If you've seen many of the previous videos on Lounge, you've probably seen that I'm a big fan of both the full-size and compact 9mm M&P pistols, so I'm pretty much at home with the handling and placement. i'm not . M&P series. If it's as good as its center cousin, I might get used to the compact 22 M&P. Let's see what we get...

Test: Smith & Wesson M&p 22 Compact Suppressor Ready Rimfire Pistol

Like most .22 LR pistols, the M&P 22 Compact fires a 10-round magazine, two of which are loaded. It doesn't have the interchangeable rear sights of the other two-pole M&P pistols, but that detail doesn't really matter in lighter fire.

The sights are white three-dot but fully adjustable for rear elevation and windage, which is always nice to see on a 22. I plan on looking at the rear sights and may replace the front sight with a red fiber optic sight from Dawson Precision. If not, I'm going to use the previous accessory and try to equip it with one of the Crimson Trace Railmaster lasers because... pew pew laser light!

Speaking of pew pew, the M&P 22 Compact comes from the factory with a serrated muzzle covered by a barrel cap. You could easily miss this fact if you weren't looking, because Smith & Wesson failed to include anything in the member's manual about threaded barrels, nor did they provide an appropriately sized wrench to remove the barrel cap. After much cursing and gnashing of teeth, I managed to get the cap loose by replacing a small plug I got from another pistol.

You'll notice that I didn't take a close-up of the pit cover because after all the work I did to remove it, it's not photogenic. After that, if you want to connect a clamp or other device, the cord is replaced with an adapter. I had EWK Arms rework the M&P's 3/8”x24 threads and convert them to standards like 1/2”x28.

Smith & Wesson M&p

Mobile center M&Ps. The original compacts are the same dimensions as the full-size M&P, just with a shorter barrel/slide and a shorter clip. The 22 compact, on the other hand, is the same as the full size, but reduced in size by 15%. The end result is a pistol that is closer in size to the M&P Shield than any other M&P offering. At 15.3 ounces, it's a bit lighter than the Shield's 19 ounces, and I wish it was a few ounces heavier to help keep the sights steady for longer shots.

That said, I liked the overall size. It's small enough to be used by people with very small hands, but long enough for the average person to ride their fingers through. The 3.56-inch barrel is long enough to provide a sight radius, but not too long for its light weight.

I don't know why pistols are always loaded with unnecessary safety mechanisms, but the M&P 22 compact is no exception. Standard M&P pistols have a patterned manual thumb safety after the optional thumb safety. It's large, easy to use, and unobtrusive, especially if you're used to a 1911's thumb safety.

M&p .22 Pistol

This is definitely not a problem. My only objection is the magazine safety and the internal safety "lock" that uses a small key to disengage the pistol. I've already expressed my opinion about the S&W internal revolver lock, and I can't think of a more desirable reason for a semi-auto. As for cutting a magazine, it certainly makes a gun

New Smith & Wesson M&p22 Compact Review

It is safe. I don't want a magazine in the gun as much as possible if I want to dry the pistol for action. Requiring a journal provides another opportunity to be intentional about free time in the room. But, you know...lawyers and such.

Well, lame safety features aside, I still think the M&P 22 Compact is a great little hatchback that has proven to be great after taking it down the middle. Compared to the latest and improved center M&P triggers, the suspension breaks down to about 6L. 22 During running and unloading, only

Similar to the M&P, although slightly different in size from the existing pistols in the series. Clarity wasn't bad either. As I said in my review of the Sig P938-22, this lightweight compact .22 LR pistol is no substitute for traditional target pistols, but I had no problem shooting 20-inch groups. courtyards for level shooting and bench rest.

My one complaint when using the M&P 22 Compact as a self-defense tool is the slide lock. Lefties will immediately notice that the M&P pistols are not as accurate as the original pistols, but even as a right-handed user I did not find it useful for reloading. The slide locks on my other M&P pistols were tight at first, but after the first couple hundred rounds they all loosened up. The grip on the 22 Compact is a bit stiff out of the box - at this point I can't even get it past the slide lock without a lot of finger pulling. I think this is another point for supporters of the "power shot" reloading method.

S&w M&p .22 Pistool Vind Je Bij

In fact, I'm unlikely to use the M&P 22 Compact as a serious training tool for myself, but it's a fun gun and something for new shooters to start with. That said, the M&P 22 Compact will be equipped with a compression device that is often seen at home. With the Silencerco Sparrow, it's at least as quiet as any full-size fire extinguisher I can remember. I've also found that, at least with the loads I've tested, the short barrel doesn't provide enough room for a high-velocity 22 bullet, and most factory bullets need to be quiet and subsonic for suppressor users.

Since the .22 LR is still limited, I didn't shoot ten rounds from the little M&P for review. However, I was able to salvage a few boxes from the damaged box reject list in our warehouse. I shot about 300 CCI Mini-Mag (after looking for unrecognizable shatterproof rounds from the broken pieces of small plastic CCI boxes), then a Federal Champion Bulk Pack lead round nose and a couple of Eley Subsonic Hollowpoints magazines i threw

I then dived into the 22-level target supply and wrangled for review, testing the accuracy of each of the Federal Gold Medal Ultramatch and Wolf Match, both with the excellent results I mentioned above. With nothing more than two drops of oil added to the slide rails, the M&P 22 Compact survived more than 500 rounds—no mean feat for a typical .22LR pistol.

M&p .22 Pistol

If all this talk of 22 ammo is making you jealous, Smith & Wesson is here to help. For the next two months, when you buy an M&P 22 Compact, you can send in your check and you'll get a free box of 222 rounds to go with your Winchester. But when you burn those things and need to stock up again, don't forget who gave you your head.

Tfb Review: Smith & Wesson M&p15 22 Pistol

M & p 15-22, m&p 22 compact holster owb, m&p compact 22 review, m&p 22 thread adapter, m and p 22 review, m&p 22 holster, m and p 22 compact holster, p 22, m and p compact 22, m&p 22 compact kydex holster, s&w m&p 22 compact holster, holster m&p 22 compact

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Recent Comments

Ad Code